Welcome!

I invite all current and former custom harvesters, harvest crewmembers, and farmers that hire custom harvesters to comment, post questions, and start dialogue about custom harvesting. I intend this to be a forum for people interested in custom harvesting, agriculture, the Great Plains region, Great Plains culture, Great Plains geography, Great Plains history, Great Plains communities, and probably additional topics too. I hope to get people involved who know more about the Great Plains than anybody else - custom harvesters. I have studied the Great Plains extensively in college, but I have learned at least as much through summers spent combining wheat (and a little barley). I will start more specific topical threads as I go. This is to be a forum for learning, discussion, and debate. Please do not use this blog for advertising, recruiting employees, or searching for employers. I expect contacts may be made through this blog, but that is not its purpose.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

I found one!

I found one of the guys from South Africa I worked with in 2003! I found him on Facebook. Yes, Facebook is a time sucker, but I like its potential to find more of the guys I worked with. I just hope he stays in touch with me! This is an opportunity to connect with this fascinating group of workers from all over the U.S. and the world. They each have a personal migration and work story to tell, and I would like this to be a place where they tell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment