Welcome!

I invite all current and former custom harvesters, harvest crewmembers, and farmers that hire custom harvesters to comment, post questions, and start dialogue about custom harvesting. I intend this to be a forum for people interested in custom harvesting, agriculture, the Great Plains region, Great Plains culture, Great Plains geography, Great Plains history, Great Plains communities, and probably additional topics too. I hope to get people involved who know more about the Great Plains than anybody else - custom harvesters. I have studied the Great Plains extensively in college, but I have learned at least as much through summers spent combining wheat (and a little barley). I will start more specific topical threads as I go. This is to be a forum for learning, discussion, and debate. Please do not use this blog for advertising, recruiting employees, or searching for employers. I expect contacts may be made through this blog, but that is not its purpose.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Spartan

Ahh, the old Spartan trailers. Check out this web site dedicated to the Spartan. I am sure you are all familiar with the Spartan. I lived in one or another for many summers. I still see these all over where harvesters congregate. Last summer I learned a bit about the history of harvesters and the Spartans, but I'd be interested in how you started using these and where you found them. At one point we had a monster Spartan (don't recall which model) that required an oversized load sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment